Note, this page is for the Stainless Steel version of The Helmet Hook. Most of the information below is the same as for the regular Helmet Hook. The main difference is of course the material, this one is thinner and it is not lockable.
So, your helmet keeps falling off the bike? Boy, do I have a solution for you.
Like many inventions and ideas, the Helmet Hook was born from frustration. I simply dropped my helmet one too many times. My helmet only cost me $137 and it still hurt every time that thing fell on the ground and started rolling around. I can only imagine what people feel that have a $500-700 dollar helmet...
Anyway, without further ado, I present the Helmet Hook...
- When you stop to get gas, hang your helmet on the Helmet Hook.
- No more hanging it on the rear view mirrors only to have to readjust them.
- Did you know that when hanging your helmet on your rear view mirrors or even the bar end weights on your handlebar, you risk crushing the helmet liner which will lower it's ability to protect your head. Arai even says so in their helmet manuals. Please see page 11 in their online manual here. Click here for a screen capture of that page.
- Some bikes have helmet locks or you can buy an after market helmet lock but they are always attached to the frame meaning that your helmet WILL be resting against a hard surface, increasing the chance of it getting scraped up
- The position of the Helmet Hook is IDEAL. It's at the furthermost point from the bike
- If you have Bar End Weights on your bike (and if not, they're cheap) you can use the Helmet Hook
- If you have Hand Guards, you can use the Helmet Hook
- Bottom line, you NEED something to attach the hook to the handlebar and since bar end weights or handguards usually have a bolt or some other attachment going into the handlebar, this is the reason you need either. The metal washer is easily removable to accommodate different mounting options.
- The Helmet Hook is compatible with virtually every bike on the market Street Bike, Dirt Bike, ATV, etc.
- Been shopping? Hang your bags on the Helmet Hook while getting your gloves out of the bike luggage, etc. Hang the bags and have your hands free to open the Top Box
- Do you keep your bike on a Battery Tender? Hang the cables on the Helmet Hook to keep them from dragging on the ground
- The Helmet Hook can be mounted facing the bike or facing out.
- Installation is very simple. Unscrew the Bar Weight or Hand Guard, put the Helmet Hook in place and screw Weight or Guard back on.
- You can hang your helmet from the STRAP, from the D-Rings or other type of attachment and it even works with ratcheting type straps.
- This Helmet Hook is made of Stainless Steel and is very strong. In fact we offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY on the Helmet Hook. Should the Helmet Hook ever break or fail in any way, take a picture of the broken one, send it to us and we'll replace it immediately.
- Note that the Helmet Hook was NOT designed as a Helmet Lock. It is designed for temporary use. Needless to say, you can leave it on there as long as you'd like but the idea behind it is to hang it while you get gas, stop and get something to drink and so on. That said, if you want to be able to lock your helmet to the Helmet Hook, please choose the ABS version.
- IF you are unsure of whether the Helmet Hook will fit on your handlebars, send us a picture to email@example.com and we will let you know. Note that it will fit just about any handle bars that have either some kind of hand guards or bar end weights. The diameter of the hole to screw it into the handlebar is 10mm or 25/64 inch or 0.4"
- Do NOT ride with anything hanging on the Helmet Hook!
- You will need Bar End Weights or Hand Guards to mount the Helmet Hook to the handlebars
Important information for International Customers
- If you would like to buy more than one Helmet Hook at one time and would like to save on shipping, please click here to get a discount code and also read about the reason international shipping prices have gone up.
- International shipping usually takes 5-20 days depending on the country.
- To see if there is a local dealer/distributor (in the USA or International), please go to the Reseller page